Within the European Union, a new legal regulation was created with REACH. The regulation obliges all actors involved in the supply chain (from manufacturers, importers, processors, traders and users of chemicals) to implement the requirements for old and new substances of the new EU chemicals law.
In order to maintain the existing portfolio, a REACH department was created within Oskar Berg Basischemikalien GmbH for the REACH implementation process.
- No sufficient knowledge about many substances
- Increase of certain deseases (risk prevention
- mutagens, carcinogens, allergies, asbestosis, chemical intolerance (MCS)
- Relief for governmental institutions + authorities by transfer of data acquisition
- Uniform evaluation of chemicals within the EU
Aims Of The Regulation
- Shifting the transmission of data and information to improve risk management, environmental impact and human health from the state to manufacturers and importers.
- Reduce animal testing for data collection
- Evaluation of chemicals for the entire product cycle including
- Bans on critical substances
Obligation For Registration
All substances produced within the EU or imported from Non-EU-Countries above 1 ton per year have to be registered within a defined time frame. Exempted from registration under REACH are chemicals for food, feed and human medicine – separate legislations apply for those applications.>
Oskar Berg Basischemikalien GmbH has implemented various registrations as an importer under the REACH regulation.
No Data - No Market
Non-Registered Substances and preparations and substances in articles may not be produced within the EU and imported from Non-EU-Countries!
REACH obliges producers, importers and customers to cooperate! As importer and distributor – Oskar Berg Basischemikalien GmbH – communicates along the supply chain in order to ensure a smooth exchange of information.